Thursday, January 26, 2006

First Kiss

No, it didn't happen today.

I still have the diary I kept when I was 13. One entry says, "First kiss, can't sleep." It happened at my eighth-grade graduation. At the end of the evening, Richie, my best friend Algene's boyfriend, kissed me on the cheeck.

How was that a first kiss? I can think of a lot of scenarios for a first kiss, but someone else's boyfriend's lips grazing my cheek is not one of them. Still, at the time I thought it was. And I couldn't sleep. I guess it doesn't take much to make an impression on a 13-year-old.

When did I get my first real kiss? The kind that a Kevin Costner character described as "long...slow...deep...wet"? I have no idea. No memory of it whatsoever. I guess by that time I was old and jaded and no longer impressionable. Maybe 14.

8 comments:

mm said...

LOL - I don't remember either. I know in grade 10 (or was it 11?) I had a boyfriend whose kisses were long, wet, slow, wet, deep and WET.

Shudder.

Jona said...

As I admitted yesterday, I remember mine, though probably only because I regretted it so much!

edwardjackson3192400850 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

mm said...

Suze! Your blog is inquisitive!

WTF does that mean? (Spammers should try a little harder, don't you think?)

crystal said...

I don't remember my first kiss either ... not very romantic :-)

Susan said...

Notice that his blog is interesting. Mine is only inquisitive. Well, this is the first indication I've seen that blogs can actually think. (I can see it now: "Enquiring Blogs Want to Know!")

Deloney said...

First real kiss (tongues): Diane Yamen, summer 1967 -- the Summer of Love!

I heard she later married a biker. I know how to pick 'em.

brain bubbles said...

"Maybe 14"

ha ha ha ha ha

you surely know how to spice it up

(and that makes you inquisitive? don't spammers have a responsibility to at least PRETEND to be skimming your content?)