1. I loved Michelle's yellow outfit. Yes, it was yellow—lemongrass, according to the designer.
2. No, it wasn't too dressy. What grander occasion could there be than your husband's inauguration? Well, yes, giving birth could be considered grander. But that occasion does not require new clothes.
3. Whoa, wait a minute. The swearing-in stumbles were Chief Justice Roberts' fault. Maybe between now and four years from now he'll work on his delivery. Or bring the book.
5. Of course I cried.
6. I'm one of those people who remember where they were when Martin Luther King died. So yes, I worry.
7. Waddya mean his speech was "bleak"? It was a great speech.
8. No, the stock market didn't fall 350 points because of his speech. It had something to do with banks. Again.
9. I do see similarities between the public's response to the Obamas and the popularity of Jack and Jackie Kennedy in the White House. Except the country was in vastly better shape then, and we didn't need hope as much as we needed a good looking First Couple with young children. I give equal marks to Jackie and Michelle for beauty, but Barack trumps Jack. And Malia trumps everybody.
10. I loved the ball gown.